Sunday 14 June 2015

My new artwork

Hello again,

Just a quick post before I hit the sack! I decided that I may as well upload my recent artwork onto here. I've recently discovered a love of using coloured pencils and I'm not ashamed to admit that I'm hooked! Here's a couple of my coloured pencil drawings......

This is a drawing of my youngest daughter, Heidi. Heidi really dislikes having her photograph taken which I think is pretty evident from this picture! It took me around 20 hrs to draw and I used polychromo and pablo pencils with a bit of pen for the sparkly areas of her dress and tiara. Heidi chose this photo because she 'looks like a princess'......Oh, how right she is!!!! I especially enjoyed working on the hair on this drawing but the less said about the tiara, the better!

This is my eldest daughter, Isabelle. Isabelle loves having her photo taken and immediately demands I take her photo whenever she spots that the camera is out! This drawing is from a photograph I took of Isabelle at the Leicester space centre. The reason I chose to draw this particular picture was because it was one of the very few photos were she was completely unaware that I had the camera out! I much prefer to work from a photo that hasn't been been posed for, I tend to find that they look much more natural. This one took around 15 hrs and was drawn using polychromo and pablo pencils on stonehenge paper.

Hope you all like my pictures anyway.
Now I'm off to bed so I have plenty of energy for more drawing tomorrow!
Night folks.
Jenny x


No comments:

Post a Comment